The Smiles by Pocock Care Commitment is rooted in who we are as people outside of our office, in our wonderful communities. We realize that our individual citizenship is a reflection on our corporate citizenship, and we support a variety of charitable and social-purpose initiatives that align with our personal values or have touched our personal lives. Participation and donations include:
- The Ride to Conquer Cancer: Dr. Pocock rode his bike 240km all the way to Seattle and his patients, staff, colleague, and friends helped him raise $12,000 to land him in the top 40 fundraisers out of 3,500 participants!
- BC Children’s Hospital: Regular donations to the cleft palate team
- We were also key contributors to a campaign that won the 2011 Pepsi Refresh Challenge $100,000 prize, which went directly to the Cleft Palate Fund at BCCH
- Pro-bono work: Care for vulnerable children and families
- The Christmas Bureau: Care for five families annually
- Daffodil Day: Supporting cancer research
- Pink Shirt Day: Support victims of bullying, stop bullying
- Parent Advisory Council: Fundraisers for the schools of our patients
An essential part of our relationship with patients is learning what they are passionate about and supporting in their community. We are always pleased to hear these stories and learn about new initiatives that we may be able to get involved in.